Fun Facts about July
- It is the last of the summer months.
- The Islamic holiday of Ramadan runs from July 19 to August 18 in 2012.
- August in the Northern Hemisphere is similar to February in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Augustus renamed the month of Sextilis because many of his greatest triumphs occurred during this month
- August is a month of summer vacation and holiday for many children around the world. Many cultures call this month the harvest month or the time of harvest.
Julian in August
Events Around the County
Come see the ponies and concerts
Take a trip into the art world as you sit under the stars in the botanical lawn.
San Diego Museum of Art 1450 El Prado www.sdmart.com/film
The 14th annual Carlsbad Music Festival is a 3-day summer celebration of “adventurous music by the beach”. in the charming seaside Village of Carlsbad. The Festival, called “one of the area’s most innovative music showcases” by KPBS, features 60+ performances of creative music of all kinds curated by Founder and Artistic Director, composer/violinist Matt McBane. Carlsbad Village.
SAN DIEGO SPIRITS FESTIVAL Aug. 26-27
San Diego Spirits Festival is THE major Cocktail Culinary and Cultural extravaganza celebrated annually each summer on San Diego Bay.The goal of the San Diego Spirits Festival is to advance the industry and all that it encompasses via market launches, industry advancement and exposure, product innovation, education, and of course, a good time filled with entertainment camaraderie and just good fun.
Ride the bridge, Bike the Bay! Cruise around the San Diego Bay and enjoy your only opportunity to ride across the San Diego Coronado Bay Bridge. Proceeds from the Bike the Bay ride will benefit the San Diego County Bicycle Coalition(SDCBC), a non-profit organization dedicated to making bicycling better in San Diego.
Embarcadero Marine Park South www.bikethebay.net