Wynola Home & Orchard
Beautiful custom home on 2.5 acres in the welcoming community of Wynola. Formerly a working apple orchard, the property includes over 400 fruit trees and hosts the largest and oldest apple tree in Julian! Located immediately off Wynola Rd., the gated entry leads to a sizeable paved drive and the wondrous home beyond. A 2-car garage, covered RV parking and detached granny flat provide great options and space. The inviting entry of the main home leads to a bright and open floor plan. Vaulted ceilings in the living area frame the space. Large windows invite in natural light, warming the home and providing pleasant views of the property. The oversized 3-sided fireplace provides warmth and an attractive focal point. There are 3 bedrooms, 2 baths and 2250 esf., with a spacious master suite on the second level. Just beyond the living room lies a large patio looking out onto the orchard. This is a great area for entertaining! A large storage building at the edge of the property is ideal for a workshop or additional space for creativity. Topographically the property is flat and ideal for its current orchard and garden. There is much more to explore here. Bring your vision and come discover all of the opportunity that awaits!
INTRODUCTION & OVERVIEW
Beautiful custom designed home located in the mountain community of Wynola. The home, granny flat and outbuildings provide great opportunity for creativity and customization.
Additional features include:
• Gated entry and large paved drive
• Covered RV parking/storage
• Detached granny flat with 700 esf.
• Large full bath and bedroom
• Full kitchen with bar seating
• 2-car garage with breezeway pass to main home
• 2 bedrooms and 1 full bath on entry level
• Laundry/utility room with attached mudroom with separate entry
• Kitchen with island and breakfast bar
• Large living area and separate dining area
• Master suite on second level
• Large seating area
• Full bath
• Private balcony
• Beautifully groomed property
• Owned grid-tied solar electric system inclusive of 36 solar panels
• 400+/- fruit trees and central garden space
• Detached workshop/storage outbuilding
• Large chicken coop
• Two propane tanks
• Water well with 500k gallon holding tank
Topographically the property is flat and ideal for its current orchard and garden. Wildlife is abundant in the area: deer and turkey roam freely, while raptors and other rare species of animals can be found here because of the abundance of water and cover. A variety of birds
make this area home including Hummingbirds, Wood Peckers and Blue Jays.
Just beyond Wynola lies the historic mountain township of Julian. The area is a well-known getaway for city residents from all over. Wynola is home to a rich local music and food community. Tourism is now the primary draw with many fine restaurants and lodging accommodations in the immediate area of this centrally located property. Wineries, art galleries, music and shopping are nearby and offer many enjoyable venues from which to discover the fine local artist. Hiking, equestrian trails and world- renowned observatories are all within 30 minutes or less. Major shopping and resources are no more than 35 minutes away.