Wynola Commercial Opportunity on 5 Acres
Incredible opportunity to acquire a turnkey commercial property on 5+ flat, useable acres with mixed use commercial-agricultural zoning.
Situated on Hwy 78 in the community of Wynola, its location is ideal, with access immediately off the highway and excellent visibility. This property has become central to the local community as well as a destination for visitors from near and far. The sizeable commercial building features a versatile floor plan, providing ample space for visionaries to customize and expand! Currently home to a thriving restaurant and music venue, this commercial property holds potential for rental income as well. A truly rare offering awaits! Come and discover all that this incredible location has to offer. Contact us today!
Building and Real Estate
This amazing property includes two stand-alone buildings that, together, offer 7200 esf. of space and sit on roughly 5+ acres of commercially-zoned real estate, three miles west of Julian, CA. Several areas of the building were decorated by local artists, including valuable custom pieces by internationally acclaimed artist James Hubbell. An additional 25+ acres of mixed residential-zoned property is immediately adjacent to the 5+ acres and creates an opportunity for further development and expansion. Other features include:
• Historic Destination in Southern California
The property is located in the mountains of San Diego, considered “the drive in the country” by many San Diegans. The twisting, two-lane mountain roads are popular with car clubs, motorcycle enthusiasts, and recreational drivers, who spot the property directly on their drives. The property also benefits from its close proximity to Julian, a historic gold mining town, which is a 40-60 minute drive from the greater San Diego metropolitan area of 3.25+ million people and regularly draws large crowds from all over Southern California. The property is located just west of Julian at 4355 and 4295 State Highway 78, the main route from San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles County into Julian.
• Location – Location – Location
The property is located in the small town of Wynola, the gateway to Julian and the surrounding backcountry. Seasonal tourist activity peaks during Julian’s famous apple-picking season, usually from September to the first week of January. However, the area has year-round attractions from wintry snow days to extensive hiking, camping, and family events (e.g. Old Time Melodrama, Gold Rush Days, a 4th of July parade and the Grape Stomp, etc.) during the spring and summer months. Over the last decade, Wynola has emerged as its own destination with the presence of the Julian Hard Cider tasting room, Julian Farms, Fort Cross, Mom’s Pies, and Jeremy’s on the Hill. Wynola is the perfect place for additional restaurants, breweries, retail, and special events (weddings, festivals, and other family-friendly activities).
• Access and infrastructure
– Parking – The property boasts a large, dust free, partially-paved parking area that can accommodate 250+ cars. There is ample room for RVs, horse trailers, and other large vehicles with easy, in-and-out highway access. This is the largest parking space in town, paved or unpaved, and is often used to accommodate visitors during the busy months when parking is difficult to find. There is an opportunity for profit through paid parking.
– Utilities – Owner-owned propane tanks (5000+ gallon capacity) – The tanks allow for purchase of propane during the summer months when prices are low, resulting in a typical savings of $1-2/gallon. Capacity is more than sufficient for year-round propane needs. The abundant propane storage allows Wynola Pizza to remain open and functioning when local homes might not have power or other utilities.
– Internet – The property is equipped with high-speed fiber optic internet service from AT&T, meaning fast credit card processing and WiFi access.
– Back-up generator ready – Plumbing is installed from propane tanks to accommodate back-up generator for entire business complex.
- Investment Opportunity